Monday, April 28, 2008

Spinning wheels of memory...


I suspect that the dreaming mind is not as willfully sharp as the waking mind when it comes to recalling details. Last night I was trying to remember someone's last name for what felt like the entire night's sleep. A recurring loop of "Smith? No, that's not it, Jones? No, that's not it, White? ?o, that's not it..." Upon waking the name came in a flash. But then the larger question: Why was I trying to remember this seemingly random name? Who knows, that selection I concede to the needs of the dreaming mind. At times this crazy brain-bound devil has no troubles letting the needle skip, the train wheels chug, the whirlpools whirl, without a care for the rest of the system's need for rest and progress. Then again, it's only fair to note that the right dream at the right time can release one from years of psychic blockage in the most incredibly cinematic ways.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great model that Nagra was. it pained me when I sold mine after migrating away from my location sound biz. A guy from Boston drove down to Philly to make the buy. he gave me $5000 for it as I recall. That was in the mid-80's... but the wonderful sale was my Nagra iV mono machine which I purchased for $1200 in 1972 and sold 12 years later for $3000. What great machines Nagra's are. I still have my Nagra SN miniature recorder. I entertained the idea of making a belt buckle out of it...

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home