Boozy holiday guide...
1) "Jammy" wine is to be avoided.
2) The phrase "would you like some bubbly?" is to be deeply considered. All bubbles are not created alike.
3) The saucer shaped champagne glass, or coupe, may indeed have been modeled on the shape of Marie Antoinette's breasts. No word yet on who the champagne flute was modeled after.
4) If you crash a party, drink too much, and while dirty dancing with the host's sister you barrel into the band and destroy the sax player's instrument, consider yourself liable, even if you manage to sneak out unnoticed.
5) beer before wine, fine. Glögg before grog before nog before wassail before bisp, you're on your own.
6) Leave the hedgehog at home.