Friday, April 14, 2006

Master Blaster: Ultra Sonic Weapons...


















Do you remember when pirates attacked the cruise liner "Spirit" off the coast of Somalia back in November? (Refresher here.) The pirate aspect of that story got so much attention that it was mentioned almost in passing that they were thwarted with a sonic weapon (and rightfully so - nothing feeds the imagination quite like a Somali pirate). Prior to this, my only memory of sonic weapon usage was back in the first Iraqi war where ultra sonic weapons brought charging Iraqi foot soldiers to their knees, vomiting out their guts before they were bulldozed into the sands of time.

So what the hell is a sonic weapon? The main problem for us civilians is that no one knows exactly where to draw the line between science fiction and what is currently sitting on the seat of some armored vehicle rumbling through Tikrit this afternoon. Some of these weapons have been described as sonic bullets, sonic grenades, sonic mines, or sonic cannons. Some make a focused beam of sound or ultrasound; some make an area field of sound. One concept is to blowout someone's eardrums open and render them imbalanced (and in agony) - this is pretty much considered science fiction in the open air, but using extreme sonar waves to bleed the ears of underwater targets is a longstanding practice. The more prevalent concept is to cause extreme nausea and discomfort using extremely high or low sound frequencies.

Wikipedia states, "The U.S. DOD has demonstrated phased arrays of infrasonic emitters. The weapon, about the size of a truck, usually consists of a device that generates sound at about 7 Hz. The output from the device is routed (by pipes) to an array of open emitters, which are usually one wavelength apart. At this frequency, armor and concrete walls and other common building materials vibrate, and therefore provide no defense. The frequency is chosen to be near the resonant frequency of internal organs, causing illness, deafness, and internal injuries."

Wikipedia also states, "The possibility of a device that produces frequency that causes vibration of the eyeballs, and therefore distortion of vision, was apparently confirmed by the work of engineer Vic Tandy while attempting to demystify a "haunting"’ in his laboratory in England. This "‘spook" was characterised by a feeling of unease and vague glimpses of a grey apparition. Some detective work implicated a newly installed extractor fan that, Tandy found, was generating infrasound of 18.9 Hz, .3 Hz, and 9 Hz - which, combined, generate a frequency of 0.56 Hz."

And don't forget this morsel: The 2002 French film Irreversable used (real, not fictional) extremely low-frequency sound during the opening 20 to 30 minutes to create a state of disorientation and unease in the audience.

But back to our pirates. Supposedly, they were stopped in their tracks by an LRAD (long range sonic device) that was on board the "Spirit". Since when did cruise liners carry these? Can't seem to find anything about that except this little item. Of course, It's only a matter of time before the pirates don't get ahold of one of these master blasters. Fairness in all things.

Certainly we're looking at the crowd control of the future here. So next time you go to a massive street protest or a post Lakers game parking lot stampede, and your eyeballs start quivering or your eardrums explode, don't panic... relax: you've just been zapped by an ultrasonic weapon silly!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Darren M. and I believe I am being targeted with concentrated infrasonic sound waves while I attempt to sleep. I believe I am being targeted for D.E.W. (directed energy weapon) experimentation/harassment purposes by an entity within the U.S. government employing private contractors to carry out this experimentation/harassment. I believe they are performing this experimentation in order to refine the use of these weapons for use on future targets such as activists, journalists, and other people deemed as threats.

I am awakened many times throughout my sleep periods to a feeling of vibrations traveling through my body in a straight line. The vibrations are focused in a narrow beam. It is impossible for me to stay asleep when I am targeted with these inaudible concentrated sound waves which increase my pulse rate as they travel through me. Different parts of my body are targeted at different times. When my head is targeted I will awake with moderate to severe headaches. I believe the infrasonic sound waves have a concussion effect on my brain tissue. I have also experienced head spins to the point that I had to lift my head up out of a lying down position to make them stop. When my chest area is targeted, I will awake with rapid or irregular heartbeats. From my personal observations, I believe a heart attack could be induced in a weakened individual (heart disease, etc) while he/she slept. In addition, I experience sleep deprivation on a daily basis due to the repeated forced awakenings. The private contractors that target me hit me every 1-2 hours on average during the first part of my sleep period, and they increase the frequency of their targeting to every 15-30 minutes during the 2nd part of my sleep period. I fear that I will lose my job and become homeless due to the sleep deprivation that this experimentation/harassment has caused me. I also fear that my health will deteriorate.

I want to make sure that my story is told in the event this experimentation causes my premature death. I also want to make sure that potential future victims do not suffer the way I have from these silent sound wave weapons. I don’t believe anyone can help me because of my failed attempts to provide proof of this experimentation and the apparent disbelief and disinterest of the authorities in the U.S.

Darren M.
Email: dewtarget05 AT yahoo DOT com
716-541-7062

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home