Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Lunar oasis triangulation fix...


"I felt like I was an alien as I travelled through space. But when I got on the moon I didn't feel that at all. I felt at home there even though the earth was a long ways away. We could see it directly above, about the size of a marble. I felt like I was at the end of a thin cord that, that could be cut at any time. It was precarious, but yet I felt comfortable. I felt something other than just what we can visually sense. A spiritual presence was there. Perhaps it was because so many people on the earth were focusing their attention. They were maybe sending signals to us somehow. Dave Scott and I were the only two there. We felt an unseen love. We were not alone. Man was able to look back and see himself from a different perspective."

- James B. Irwin, Apollo 15, 8th man to walk on the moon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is a beautiful quote - and my favourite part of "For All Mankind". You really need to be playing Brian Eno's "Apollo" when you read it - the track is called "An Ending (Ascent)". Great stuff.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home