Sunday, January 31, 2010

Music is drugs...



Believe me when I tell you, music is drugs. When you listen to music deeply (hell, even superficially) we all know that it can have a completely transformative effect on your psyche and so by proxy, your behavior. Consider dance. (Ever watched people dance with no audible music? See the drugs at work?)

You can be listening to a song and if it's the right song and you're open to its transformative patterns, well then, you will be doped up on music. You will have surrendered your consciousness to the attractor field suggested by the song.

What's interesting about this is that someone plugged into their iPod can walk into a corporate meeting, shut off the iPod, and proceed to behave in a manner that others might misperceive as total jackassishness, simply because that person's being is still in sync with the music and not the "vibe" of the room. (And trust me when I say that the random, mixed vibe of the meeting room is generally a million times less affecting than the heavily curated and carefully aligned energy patterns of the song.)

All of this is good news really. As drugs go, the effects and side effects of music are generally benign. In fact, I'm a strong believer in music therapy. One of my goals in life is to create a mobile music therpy unit where upon I can pull into a town and get to work restoring souls, putting people back in touch with their core selves by playing certain carefully selected pieces of music for them. Doctor Gazpachot will prescribe the vibes, baby. Step into my carpet lined van and let the headphones do the driving... Wait, not like that. I'll have a white lab coat on. Respect.

("Libera Me, Donime" by Ernst Reijseger, Mola Sylla & Voces de Sardinna, headphones a must, careful: potent stuff!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Albino Cavewoman said...

I have always felt very much the same way which may explain my taking extreme exception to those who would attempt to control its production and distribution.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home