Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Day the Earth Still Stood...



I can confirm that spell check does not work in dreams.

I can confirm that I'm still pissed at the Taliban for blowing up those Buddha's.

I can confirm that colds are spread by anonymous sneezes and that that fact remains deeply disturbing and disgusting to me.

I can confirm that Brooke Shields' 1987 Princeton Thesis was entitled "The Initiation: From Innocence to Experience: The Pre-Adolescent/Adolescent Journey in the Films of Louis Malle, 'Pretty Baby' and 'Lacombe Lucien.'"

I can not confirm what Wikileaks and the US Government have to do with the riots in Egypt but theories abound.

I can confirm my own queasy feeling that ongoing plans are underway that will ultimately lead to the demise of radical Islamic power bases and the rise of new Democratic ones in their place.

I can confirm that the widespread pedaling of the 2012 end-times idea is useful to people looking to implement big changes now.

I can confirm that I am apolitical at this stage in my life.

I can confirm that I feel overwhelmed and powerless if I try to understand power and politics and that any ideas I might have about those things are only chimera born at the collision of my projections and my impressions.

(Swarovski Kristallwelten Fountain, Wattens, Austria)

2 Comments:

Blogger pigatschmo said...

I can confirm that I too have entered a strangely apolitical phase of life.

Does anyone know if there is a connection between Wikileaks and Wikipedia? I don't, and am despairing that I never will.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah Bay Williams said...

Radical + (insert religion here) never seems to work. Radical + (insert political bent here) does seem to move things in a certain direction. Somewhere, someone has said that religion is meant to pacify people and energize the soul and politics is meant to energize people and pacify the soul. When these effects - (1. religion effect=pacify your action) / (2. religion effect=energize your soul) / (3. politics effect=energize your action) / (4. politics effect=pacify your soul) - are traded diagonally across the quadrilateral, - (-1. religion=energize your action) / (-2. religion=pacify your soul) / (-3. politics=pacify your action) / (-4. politics=energize your soul) - when this latter (negative integer sides) configuration happens, our differences fight like angry dogs or attack like vicious germs from a sneeze. Set in the former (positive integers) configuration, our differences allow themselves to be different, learning and growing, progressing, evolving, without the derangement of fear.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home