Thursday, May 17, 2007

Procyonophobia in our time...















Do people still use CD's or have iPods and iTunes relegated them to the scrap heap of 20th C? I was trying to play a well-remembered mixed-CD I made in 1999 the other day and sadly, it had been reduced to a complete salad of nano-fragments repeating and colliding in digital mahem. Unlistenably scratched. I will say that you haven't truly lived until you've heard Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares chopped up with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Captain Beefheart. Sarah suggests I should not have hired a raccoon to be my CD librarian. She makes a point.

Sarah also claims that the "worst thing ever" would be trying to separate hundreds of clothes hangers in a box while being attacked by raccoons. I think she may be on to something there. But I think I can top her scenario: What about THREE raccoons?! Better yet, two raccoons and a tiny Nusrat clinging to the hangers singing and biting? A ha! Seems so simple in hindsight, I know, but let me tell you it took me two days to come up with that. This kind of outside-the-box-of-hangers thinking, my friends, is why I'm the genius in this family.

Animal Phobias Page here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home