Thursday, May 27, 2010

Break the narrative...



Stuck in your own story again? As Bjork sings here, "I'm no fucking Buddhist, but..." And reflecting on this lyric, something sinks in; I think she makes a good point...

We're losing our enjoyment, or worse, our experience of the present - a place of infinite potential dragged into the commonplace by our pre-imagined narratives. The present is a muscle. Don't let it atrophy. Were you expecting your present just to work perfectly at some point in the future? Did you think this life would last forever?

If we bring ourselves to the moment, without a mind lost in an abstract to do list, without fitting the world into an old story, and with senses alert and pistons firing, things will generally sort themselves out for the better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Moe said...

It's incredibly hard to live in the present. There are so many distractions and tasks that need to be done. Anyways, like you said we should probably try.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Hone said...

Living in the present is cool with me when I am building and layering my experience and creating stuff that makes sense for my future.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home