Tuesday, March 28, 2006

When being stuck isn't funny...


















Oi! These rainy LA days are the worst. LA without sun is like a grilled cheese sandwich without the cheese. For some reason, the changing of the seasons is always a major taffy-twisting event for this bag of pipes. Generally, I don't like talking about myself here, but today I will not fight the enveloping grayness. Let me see if I can articulate my current condition...

I feel stuck in the no man's land between living in my dreams and living them out. It's like being frozen in a pond with half your body above the ice and your legs dangling below, kicking the dormant fishes. But it's not all so grim... I know that Spring is coming, and that the thaw will either enable me to free myself and find new ground, or get me dragged down to the muddy depths of Davy Jones' locker by some vengeful, sleep-deprived fishes. Boo Hoo. I know.

(brilliant animations by James Paterson)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lighten up paco! the storm that brings harm also makes furtile says patti smith. i know as a fact that you are able to see the canyons at sunrise and the starry sky at night. AND STEREOLAB. cry baby.
regarding james patterson's animation - once upon a time during the days of brakhage, kubelka, benning and mekas this form of animation would have been considered original and exciting. now, it just looks like it belongs in a subaru ad. oh color my world with a felt tip pen.......

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home