Monday, September 25, 2006

The Pros and Cons of Bullfighting...



I'm so torn about this bloodsport it's ridiculous. If I was a politician I would be hogtied and dragged through the streets for all of my flip-flopping on the subject. Who wants to see a beautiful, defenseless animal that is peaceful by nature be cadged into a frenzy and then slowly, brutally murdered while others cheer? I do... Or rather, I want to embrace the pageantry, the conflict, and the brutality - the metaphorical suffering - without owning up to the actual suffering. The way I see it, a world in which bullfighting exists as a bold comment on civilization is far more compelling, agitating, and complete as a span of culture, than one without. I suppose I'm a lefty progressive at heart, but I can't stomach a world in which frustrated liberals systematically defang the planet as if their agenda, their template for reality, was so much better.

What I'd really like to see is a level playing field and a more metaphorical death in the sport. Something closer to sumo wrestling, where the matador's job is to stay in a small ring while being sized up by a procession of successively more terrifying animals of all sorts: capibaras, maribous, spider monkeys, giraffes, dogs, baby elefants, baby cobras, zebras, bulls, crocodiles, silverback gorrillas, manta rays, tigers, and of course, the most dangerous animal of all hippopotamuses. That would be something to see.

("Corrida" by Lisa Alisa - read her refreshingly clear take here.)

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bull fighting really is so difficult to comment on! i have to speak about it for ten minutes for my A Level oral piece (i dont know if u are english, but A is the level before degree in simple terms, so its gota be good points!!) can you help me think of, say, five pros and five cons of the sport i think im set against! hehe. it would be greatly appreciated if you could! thanks! :)
email me at aeimz_2002@hotmail.com

10:07 AM  
Anonymous snoopy said...

suck my ass you stupid bitch!!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous nakedbuttfucker said...

fuck me buttsack

10:28 AM  
Anonymous snoopy said...

suck my chocolate salty balls bitch butt fucker....

10:31 AM  
Anonymous mR.S BIG COCK said...

last time i waz running from bulls and i triped jesus those damn bulls hoofs are hard the kept hitting my ass just like i hit your moms. then some guy picked me up i thought it was jesus but it waz a gay ass bum and he was licking his lips and staring at. now i know how a horn feels up the ass. damn my asshole is still sore that a but a bag of ice on a day to keep the swelling down

10:34 AM  
Anonymous nakedbuttfucker said...

i like to pull down my pants dip my balls in peanut butter & let my chihuahua lick it off

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Antietam Officials. said...

hello, stephen, This is Mr. Dean and I don't like what you and your friends have been writing about people on this website.The Library has shown this to me from the laptop under your name and I will talk to you on Monday about this.

Mr. Dean

12:08 PM  
Anonymous big bob said...

omfg u like dick in ur ass

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you suck my big bull horn u dickless biotch

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U r goen to get a horn rite up ur ass hole jus like ur mom last nite she just didnt tell u

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i fucked your mom so hard last nite wen ever she walks she limps dam she almost broke my dick off she was bouncing the hell off of it. she thought i was a sit and bounce

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bbz, how y'all doing? Asl? Ttyl luv y SHylo ;) comin' at ya

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

suck my juicy ASS CHEEKS

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all you little ass cock hairs can eat shit and drink my piss. you can taste my rainbow you tinkie ass holes

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mira cara culo cabron watch ur fukin mouth or ima take a deizel shit in it

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please stop this trash grow up and go kill yourself if someone needs help then help not write random shit that you and your friends do to each other while you all sleep u bunch of little gay fuck piss of and go die thanks :) also to answer your question here have some pros and cons :)
PROS of bull fighting
Life of bullfighting bull more decent than factory bull.
Bullfighting is economically important in many regions.
Bullfighters are good heroes and role models for youth.
Clean and quick kills are prized in bullfighting.

CONS of bull fighting
Bulls are usually not killed quickly, die in agony.
Body parts may be cut-off while bull is still alive.
Horses suffer in bullfighting as much as bulls.
Inflicting pain for the purposes of entertainment is wrong.
Bullfighting validates torturing animals for entertainment.
Bullfighting is not that big of a tourist draw

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your train

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your buttsucker bitch asshole nigga

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered offering yourself up, instead of the bull? Now that would be great sport!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home