Sunday, June 03, 2007

Your drag is my drag...


















I was at a party the other night, and the acoustics were so bad that my ears could only register the over-arching cacophony of voices in the room. Whenever someone would talk to me I would just stand there and nod, and say, I can't really hear what you're saying. Scintillating! It reminded me of those rediculous "conversations" you have on a cell phone where half the words drop out and the other half are on a slight delay so that you end up talking over one another with each utterance. Yesterday, we went to a wedding, which was great fun. Sarah and I only knew a few people so instead of talking politely to strangers we just drank loads of champagne, danced like teenagers, and started a spanking chain (it's something we do at weddings). It's a much more effective form of communication. I can't think of a better way to break the ice with a 65 year-old aunt done up like a tropical fish or a sullen uncle in a borrowed suit than to land a full-force kamakaze smack on their badoingus. Trust me, it's catching.

Free hearing test here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Hmm ... spanking chain. Is that similar in any way to the spanking machine?

8:02 AM  
Anonymous hearing aids said...

Nice post. I like it very much..

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home