Thursday, January 06, 2011

Nobruary & Sobertober...



This one has been a few years in the making, but I finally worked out the details and, critically, the cute branding angle. But I'm getting ahead of myself...

Here's the pitch.

Have you noticed how certain times of year seem to foster excessive personal intake? Summer and winter holidays seem to be the usual culprits. Aren't most New Year's resolutions about regimens of discipline and curtailing our expanded holiday appetites? A rush to monasticism in the aftermath of Bacchanalian times?

Have you spiraled into lazy habits and lax portions? If so, relax, you're human. You've enjoyed yourself and that's a good thing. Now it's simply time to beat yourself up mercilessly and confront the toxic nausea of your debaucherous ways. Cause and effect baby. It's hell. But hell gets easier. And the rewards of adhering to disciplined stretches are great!

What the hell is he talking about? He's talking about:

NOBRUARY© and SOBERTOBER©

You see, I do ok with the food intake. But as someone with French and Russian blood, I'll admit that there can be some ever-so-slightly elevated spirits passing though my mortal coils during the Summer and winter Holidays. Nothing serious or negative, but an area where keen awareness never hurts.

Won't you join me as I spend the months of February and October of every year 100% free of alcohol and unhealthy foodstuffs? I have no intention of becoming a monk for the rest of my life. Balance in everything. Frankly, there are times for letting loose and not policing every bit of intake. That said, I'm just as eager to just say no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home