Monday, June 04, 2007

Down the rabbit hole...

























What kind of person are you? You think you know, but you may forget the whole package until you find yourself in less than favorable circumstances outside of your control. These conditions can bring out aspects of yourself you may not know exist (and you may not like). Better to meet these shadow personalities sooner than later. And best to be objective about them.

I deftly managed to drop my car keys down an elevator shaft in a parking lot in Downtown LA last Friday at 4:55PM while wearing wet gym clothes. My cell phone was locked in my car. Anyone who knows LA, knows that Downtown rolls up its sidewalks at 5PM and clears its windy streets to make way for the homeless, the night owls, the bar crawlers and hipsters. All the elevator technicians are long gone. So yes, I saw some pretty ugly sides of myself. And yes, after the third hour passed, I was able to be objective. When the sense of humor returns, all things are possible.

("ALICE" - A Large Ion Collider Experiment, is one of five experiments preparing to receive data from the Large Hadron Collider at CERN starting in 2008. ALICE is a nuclear physics experiment built to study the nature of the quark-gluon plasma.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home