Friday, June 08, 2007

A hill of beans...


Been drinking coffee now for a good solid month after many uncounted years of zero joe in my life. I am seeing all the tiny increments of addiction played out before and inside of me - elation, catharsis, racing thoughts, sweat, new outlook, jonesing, yearning, looking forward to morning, just 2 cups a day, fetishizing brands and beans, why do I feel sleepy?, I can't sleep, my skin prickles, we're out of coffee, my tongue tastes like dirt, Starbucks sucks, talking about coffee, I can't feel it, I should stop, I need it. Actually, I'm still at two cups a day, and I think I could maintain this level for a while. Who knows? This is why I stay away from crack.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went off coffee too and am back on it recently and TOTALLY HOOKED.

9:59 AM  
Blogger This is Our Music said...

The greatest thing about addiction is the period right before anyone else knows you're hooked. Wonderful blissed out binges. Have some more coffee. and then, have even yet still more. Glory in that energy, before the chains of addiction lock you to your nearest coffee bean, pan handling, for caffeine.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home