Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You can't handle the face...



I'm not sure about the public radio personalities where you live, but for many Americans the familiar roster of voices on NPR are an unquestioned part of our psychic furniture. From the rolling basso of Robert Siegel to the serious mezzo-soprano of Lakshmi Singh lies a spectrum of cool, mellifluous talkers filling us in on our world.

And as tempting as it may be to look up the faces of these old sonic allies, let me remind you that you'd be unleashing a genie that won't go back in any bottle. Once you've pondered the headshots of Sylvia Poggioli or Kai Ryssdal or Dina Temple-Raston, as I have, you'll never hear those voices again. In short, don't take a bite of that apple unless you have a damn good reason to etch the matronly swoop of Nina Totenberg's ginger bob into your retinas.

Hey, we can't all be Lourdes Garcia-Navarro.

Bonus: What's your NPR name?

Bonus Bonus: Gene vs. Terry

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Bay Williams said...

I'd like to introduce you to:
SARABH PORT CROS !!
I will be presenting a show called All Cats Considered, and each week I will feature an interview with Chci Jamestown, who, I just decided, will actually be my NPR co-host, and we will talk about her and how we really don't want to consider any other cats at all, in fact.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home